Unforgettable Horseback Riding Vacation in Arizona
Experience the Desert on Horseback
Horses and horseback riding have been an integral part of life here at Rancho de los Caballeros from the very beginning. We hope that you will have time during your stay to enjoy a trail ride with one of our wranglers, or at least spend some enjoying the horses and their majestic beauty from the ground.
Outlined below are some of our horse activities here at the ranch. If none of these fit your schedule, please feel free to come down and spend a little time on the porch at the corral “talking horses”!
For more information or questions about horseback riding activities, please visit our Front Desk or contact our Wranglers at extension 526.
Each day around 8:00am and 4:30pm, our herd travels along the western trail of our property to-and-from their evening pasture area. Guests are welcome to watch and take photos of the horses during their trip!
Regular horseback rides are available 7 days a week. The morning ride departs from the corral at 10am and lasts 2 hours ($65). The afternoon ride commences at 2:30pm, Monday through Saturday, and is 1 ½ hours ($55).
Horse selection and rides are tailored to the ability level of each rider and can range from walking rides to loping rides for advanced participants.
Join our resident naturalist for a nature-focused ride through the beautiful desert landscapes. The Nature Ride departs the corral at 9:30am on Mondays and Fridays. The cost for the two hour ride is $65.
All day rides are available based upon availability. Box lunches are ordered and available during the ride. Cost for the all-day ride is $100. Due to the duration of the ride, it is suggested that all riders be of intermediate level or above.
Private Trail Rides for individuals or small families are available at 1:00pm daily. Check with our front desk for details and reservations.
Our lesson environment is ideal for the following:
- Experienced riders seeking to become more comfortable to participate in our more advanced trotting and loping rides.
- Inexperienced riders seeking to become comfortable around horses in a more controlled environment.
- Younger riders looking to advance beyond our ring rides to one of our trail rides.
This thrilling team activity is perfect for families or team building events. Riders in groups of three to five work together to separate steers and drive them into a pen at the other end of the arena. Wranglers provide coaching for the timed event, plus ribbon prizes for the winners!
The suggestions below are provided for your comfort and safety while enjoying horse activities:
- Western hats (hat strings are provided by the corral) or a snug-fitting ball cap
- Western boots or shoes with a low heel. Tennis shoes are acceptable. (required)
- Long-sleeved shirt (light-weight or heavy, depending on weather!)
- Blue jeans or long pants.
- No backpacks are permitted on horseback rides.